Dengue Fever is a viral infection that is spread by a mosquito bite. Now that the results have been revealed, we know that dengue fever is a mosquito-borne illness that can happen in either tropical or subtropical regions. Nowadays everyone is getting affected by it so quickly that wards are fulled all around hospitals. People usually get the viral infection and get ill by having a high temperature but Dengue Fever is having a bad impact on the health of a person who gets impacted by it. Some of us think that Dengue Fever can be transmitted from one person to another but there is no fact in this thing. People who get affected by this fever have to suffer badly. Throughout this article, we will cover everything about dengue fever in detail, so you can understand the precautionary measures and follow the diet if you are infected.
What are the Signs and Symptoms?
- Rashes on Skin
- Pain in the body (eye pain, muscle pain, joint pain, and back of the eye)
- Feel full quickly
- Have a bad appetite
Dengue fever symptoms last for a week or more and if they are treated well they get cured completely.
What are the Causes of Dengue?
There are not many cases of Dengue fever but the main cause of it that most people are also aware of is that Dengue Fever is caused or transmitted by the bite of the Mosquito named the Aedes Mosquito which itself is infected by the Dengue Fever.
What are the Side effects of Dengue?
There are long term side effects after the Dengue Fever is finished and they are:
- Hair fall
- Joints pain
- Muscle pain
What are the Treatments of Dengue Fever?
Dengue fever is treated with Panadol and paracetamol for the pain caused by the illness. The people who are mostly admitted to the hospital are also given these medicines and some injections.
- Consult your doctor and make your reports checked
- If there is Dengue fever take the medicines as per your doctor’s recommendation
- Take body pain killer
- Have as much rest as you can take
- Consumption of the water as much as you can or fluid intake can never make you stay dehydrated
- You can treat them at home but if the symptoms and fever get chronic consult the doctor and get admitted as soon as possible.
What are the Preventive Measures of Dengue Fever?
- The use of insect repellent is essential for this
- We should wear full sleeves shirts
- Avoid short pants or trousers and wear long
- Do precautions for controlling mosquitoes in the home outside and inside
- Water containers when are empty store in the shelter
What is Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) for Dengue Fever?
Diet is the major part of curing Dengue Fever. We must make our intake healthy and fluid intake more so that we can get recover quickly from this.
- Intake of the protein in the diet must be increased carbs must be limited with the fats
- Intake 2 to 3 servings of the dairy products which include (Milk, Eggs, cheese)
- Intake of the green vegetables can be more which include( cauliflower, kale, spinach, peas)
- Make your fluid intake more not only by consuming the water but also by consuming the fresh juices ( Mausami, Meethay, Pomegranate, Apple, Orange)
- Eat Fresh fruits ( peach, apple, Guava, Banana, Mausami, Meethay)
- Intake of lean meat which includes chicken, fish, meat
- Consume lentils they are protein-rich
Food to be avoided
- Avoid oily foods
- Processed foods
- Fast food
- Spicy foods
- Food with high fats
- High caffeine foods
One Day Diet Plan for the Dengue Patients
|Food to take
|Lemon few drops in water
+ 1cup of milk
|Apple/Mausami/Pomegranate juice + bowl of mixed fruits with some yogurt
|limetta + Pomegranate juice
|Broth of chicken+vegetables boiled+yougurt+roti
|1 cup of milk with dates and almonds