Orange Train Lahore is the first metro train in Pakistan and new addition to the Mass Transit system of Lahore. It is one of the major projects of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC). It takes a 45-minute train ride to cover a two-and-a-half-hour bus trip in a highly congested city like Lahore. In this article, we are going to discuss the Lahore Orange Line Metro stations and their route. Therefore, keep reading this article till last to get useful information about Orange Line Stations.
Know More About Orange Line Metro Lahore!
Orange Line Train is a great addition to Pakistan Railway after 1886. The line covers a total area of 27.1 km (16.8 mi) in which 25.4 km (15.8 mi) is elevated and 1.72 km (1.1 mi) is underground. There are a total of 26 stations of which 24 are elevated and 2 underground stations. The Orange Line Metro Train (OLMT) is one of China’s largest metro projects under its Belt and Road Initiative (BRI). Lahore is one of South Asia’s most crowded and poorly connected cities. Through the Orange Line Train, built to complement the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor, travelers can now travel along an affordable, environmentally sustainable route.
Some Quick Facts You Should Know About Orange Line Metro Train
- There are a total of a number of 250,000 passengers who can travel daily in the orange line train.
- There are 27 trains in total, and each train has five bogies.
- A one-way ticket for the Lahore Orange Line Train costs Rs. 40 per passenger.
- You will find separate seats for children, women and old age people.
- Special seats are available for people with disabilities.
- People can save an hour on the orange line train.
- The Anarkali station on the Lahore orange line metro is the most beautiful and largest.
- Every train arrives after a 5-minute interval.
- The underground stations are Anarkali and Central Station, while the elevated stations are the other 24.
- The control room can be contacted in case of an emergency using the red buttons in every bogey.
Complete List of Orange Line Metro Lahore Stations
As we have already told you, there are a total of 26 stations. The first station is Ali Town station and the last station is Dera Gujjran.
Here is the list of stations.
- Ali Town
- Thokar Niaz Baig
- Canal View
- Wahdat Road
- Awan Town
- Salahuddin Road
- Bund Road
- Lake Road
- Railway Station
- Shalimar Garden
- Pakistan Mint
- Mahmood Booti
- Islam Park
- Salamat Pura
- Dera Gujran
Providing the people of Lahore with the Orange Line Metro Train project is a marvellous gift. Travelling from one part of Lahore to another is extremely efficient and time-saving. Additionally, the Pakistani nation incurred a high financial burden for this venture. There is no government-controlled asset in this project but belongs to the Pakistani people. In other words, it is our national and moral duty to take care of this project and not focus too much on politics.